Tony D’Amico has been evaluating property insurance claims since 1976. Prior to joining Goodman-Gable-Gould/Adjusters International, Tony was a Regional Property Supervisor for Travelers Insurance Company. Tony’s primary role with Goodman-Gable-Gould/Adjusters International is the evaluation and supervision of business income/extra expense losses, specialty lines claims such as builders risk, boiler and machinery and crime and fidelity claims. A sampling of significant insured losses Tony has supervised are Atlantic Premium Brands; Beaulieu of America; Boral Industries; Durst Corporation; Federal Realty Investment Trust; General Cigar/Culbro Tobacco; Gerber Childrenswear; IP Casino – Resort – Spa; Iron Mountain; J.C. Penney Company; Macklowe Development Corporation; Malden Mills; MeriStar Hotels; Morgan Stanley /Pyramid Advisors; Pan Am Equities; Rauch Industries; Revel Entertainment/Revel Hotel & Casino; St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital; Syratech Corporation; Texas Heart Institute; The New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX); The New York Palace Hotel; and York International Corporation.
As a standing member of the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA), Tony holds a Senior Professional Public Adjuster (SPPA) designation. This designation is a mark of high standards of expertise and ethics in the conduct of the public insurance adjusting profession.
Tony is also an active member of the New York Public Adjusters Association, the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, and the Florida Windstorm Association. Tony has presented seminars on Builder’s Risk and Boiler & Machinery Insurance on several occasions at the national conventions of the Risk Insurance Managers Society (RIMS), and the International Risk Management Institute (IRMI). Also, Tony was a presenter at the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry held January, 2009. As part of the presentation, he wrote a white paper entitled, Course of Construction Losses Under Builders Risk Policies: A Practical Guide to The Art Form of Loss Evaluation.
Tony is the author of the Adjusting Today article, “Soft Cost or Delay in Opening: Insure for the Potential Exposure” and the April 2011 article, “Contingent Business Interruption Issues Continue Following Disasters in Japan.” He also has been featured as an expert panelist on Adjusters International’s Property Insurance Roundtable podcast in the episodes titled, “Expecting the Unexpected: Surviving Disasters,” and “Builder’s Risk Insurance.”
Tony is married, with two sons and one daughter, and lives in Richmond, Virginia.
Public Adjusting Licensures
- California Public Adjuster License #2M08746
- Colorado Public Adjuster License #369213
- Connecticut Public Adjuster License #1001047161
- Florida Public Adjuster License #A060873
- Georgia Public Adjuster License #539827
- Iowa Public Adjuster License #0406897
- Kansas Public Adjuster License #406897
- Kentucky Public Adjuster License #650316
- Louisiana Public Adjuster License #445202
- Maryland Public Adjuster License #NJI 100023141
- Minnesota Public Adjuster License #40135591
- North Carolina Public Adjuster License #406897
- New Jersey Public Adjuster License #0070002
- New York Public Adjuster License #PA859856
- Ohio Public Adjuster License #776368
- Pennsylvania Public Adjuster License #663624
- South Carolina Public Adjuster License #284917
- Tennessee Public Adjuster License #2001629
- Texas Public Adjuster License #1661463
- Virginia Public Adjuster License #860466
- West Virginia Public Adjuster License #406897