Public Adjusters for Cyber Damage
According to the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, 33% percent of documented data breaches occur in businesses with less than 100 employees. Nearly 60% of small businesses close their doors within six months following a cyber attack.
What if an employee loses their phone and it contains confidential company data? Or a member of your team sends an email with private customer information that gets intercepted by hackers? Have you heard of a DoS attack? Think of it as cyber extortion. A hacker accesses your network and holds your online service hostage unless you agree to pay a ransom. These are just a few scenarios.
Check with your insurance company for the best cyber insurance option available for the maximum amount of protection. If your network security is breached and sensitive data is leaked, the time and cost of trying to minimize the damage, keep your customers, and handle lawsuits and legal fees can be overwhelming. Our public adjusters can lift the burden of managing your claim. We evaluate, document, and substantiate every detail of your loss and negotiate your claim for the maximum amount to help get your business back on its feet.
What To Focus On After Cyber Damage
Do I have cyber security coverage? Our public adjusters can analyze your policies to determine if there is coverage under your Property Policy, Crime/Kidnap & Ransom Policy, and/or Cyber Policy.
Does your policy have any requirements of the insured following a loss? Do you the insured need to obtain consent prior to paying a ransomware demand or hiring a consultant after a data breach?
How do your public adjusters capture, measure, and support all facets of the loss? Potential components of the claim may include business interruption and extra expense, including breach notifications, digital forensic experts, remediation expenses, physical damage, crisis communications, legal fees, and fines.
What is my agent/broker’s role?
How do I keep my employees?
How do I keep my customers?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Why would my small business be a target for cyber hacking? How many small businesses fail because they’re attacked?
What’s the difference between a DoS and DDoS cyber attack?
Property Damage Losses Commercial Claims Recovery Process
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- Absecon Home Center
- Annapolis Harbour Cleaners
- Archstone-Smith formerly The Charles E. Smith Companies
- The Carlyle Group
- Carriage Industries
- Diversified Management by Auger Enterprises
- Flint River Village Shopping Center
- Goodie Brand Packing Corporation
- Ladd Furniture, Inc.
- Lasag Corporation
- Michael H.Schroder, Esq.
- MML, Inc.
- Mothership Hotel LLC
- Olson Limited Partnership I
- PCA International
- Photo Corporation Of America
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan
- Sheraton Fountainebleau Hotel
- SMH (US) Inc. And Lasag Corporation
- Snyder General Corp.
- Textile Dyeing & Finishing Co., Inc.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
All insurance policies have their 'gray’ areas, and ours was no exception… I was particularly impressed with… your team’s ability to navigate through those areas and present them strategically… in the best light for your client. I really believe that our final claim resolution was significantly better than it would have been.Donald C. WoodPresident and Chief Executive Officer - Federal Realty Investment Trust
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake, called Nisqually in seismic circles, rocked Seattle, Washington, in 2001 and severely damaged the Starbucks corporate headquarters building.
Super Typhoon Paka, as the storm came to be called, was a 12-hour session of destruction for the island of Guam. Stirring up winds in excess of 200 miles per hour, the tropical cyclone tossed buildings, planes and ships across the island like discarded toys. Among these was the headquarters of Continental Micronesia, a subsidiary of Continental Airlines. The main offices, the marketing buildings and the planes were damaged by the powerful typhoon.