With blizzard warnings issued for the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. metro areas, and blizzard watches stretching as far north as New York City, Winter Storm Jonas is likely to cause headaches at the least and significant damage at the worst. Goodman-Gable-Gould/Adjusters International (GGG/AI) remains ready to help any and all of those who have been impacted by this historic storm.
As with any winter storm, Winter Storm Jonas has the potential to cause such property damage as ice damming, snow-related collapses, and pipe bursts.
If you or someone you know has suffered from such an incident, or if you have any other immediate property insurance claim needs, please contact Barry Flax at 800-858-3900, ext. 1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some important steps that should be taken in the event of a pipe burst:
- Save the damaged pipe (which the insurance company will want to see), and cut water off to prevent further damages.
- Take photos of all damages.
- Arrange for a remediation company to work immediately to mitigate your losses/perform emergency services (water extraction, dehumidification, etc). When mitigating the loss, it is often necessary that moisture mapping be done to monitor moisture levels and be certain to remove significantly wet drywall.
- Water often travels behind walls, under floors, and throughout elevator shafts. Very thorough investigations need to be completed to determine the extent of damages and proper permanent repairs needed.
- Review your property insurance policy to verify that you have law & ordinance (code upgrade) coverage and proper extra expense/business interruption coverage, including an extended period of indemnity, where necessary.
- Have your loss consultant/public adjuster and emergency service vendors on speed dial to be ready to respond immediately in the case of emergency.
Goodman-Gable-Gould/Adjusters International (GGG/AI), founded in 1941 and now with 11 offices and 120 employees, is a professional loss-consulting firm that serves as an advocate for the policyholder following a property damage incident. Public adjusters represent policyholders in first-party negotiations with insurance carriers after a property damage incident. As a policyholder advocate GGG/AI evaluates the policy coverage, measures damages, prepares claim documentation in appropriate format and then negotiates with the insurance carrier(s) for recovery while the policyholder is able to tend to their daily home and business responsibilities. The GGG Team manages a claim, responds immediately to any site in the country and effectuates expeditious and advantageous settlements.